All or Nothing!

All or Nothing!

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Biknd Helium Bike Case Review

With all of the comments and questions I got regarding my new Biknd Helium Case while traveling to and from San Juan, I though I would write up a short review about this case for anyone interested.

I got this case a couple weeks before I left for my trip, from Mike @ www.euro-sports.ca, after doing a lot of research.  My previous case was the Trico hard case.  Although very robust it was a pain to pack up, wheel around the airport and have TSA open it and go through everything then jam everything back in without properly placing things and coming back from vegas with bent derailleurs and pulled cables.  It was then when I decided to change cases for a soft case.

I remember watching Simon Whitfield showing a video of him packing the Biknd case and thought wow thats a cool case http://vimeo.com/19468090 .  Well the first time I packed it up, it was as simple as the video.  Everything goes in perfectly.  One of the best things about this case, is you can bring 2 sets of wheels.  So no more questioning yourself on which wheels to bring if your obsessed with race wheels, bring them all!!  So bike in, wheels in, fold the sides, half zip then the cool part.  This case has 2 internal air bladders that you pump up and creates extra protection for the frame and wheels.  The frame is solidly in place and so are the wheels with the help of hard plastic cups that shield the hubs.  Put in your small extras and zip it up.

This case is super small and you can wheel it around very easily.  The TSA people love this case as its easy for them to open it and close it, without having the need to move things around.  I've only travelled with it once but I did not have any issues with the bike whatsoever.  I would highly recommend this case for those who travel enough and who want to make sure that your bike arrives in one piece.

Overall:  AWESOME CASE!!!  Biknd www.biknd.com you guys have done a great job with this case!  Get yours at Euro-Sports today!


No comments:

Post a Comment