All or Nothing!

All or Nothing!

Friday, March 29, 2013

Weeks following San Juan - Thoughts and Knockville!

Pool time in Kihei - Free of charge and lane to yourself!
Well its been 2 weeks since I've been back from one of the best experiences of my life!!  On the way home I kept on thinking how lucky I was to be able to travel to the locations I have to do the things I love.  During the summer I get to see various parts of the US for races and during the winter, somewhere usually warm.  Still keep thinking about the time I spent in Tucson in 2010 and this past year's trip to Maui.  Some really beautiful spots!  All the other sports i have participated in have never given me the opportunity to have the experiences I've had, very grateful for that.
Base of Mt Lemmon (Mile 0) - Tucson
Moving on after San Juan

Now that I've been back, training has not stopped one bit!  Got home from San Juan Tuesday at 12am and was back in the shark tank that morning!  No time to rest!!  For me, as I am not the best swimmer, the more time I'm away from the pool the faster i loose the feeling of the water, one reason why i swim 4-5X a weeks.  The first week back was more of a recovery one, however still some serious work got done.  That weekend Steph and I went to Tremblant with some friends.  While they were out skiing, I was out doing some recon work on the run course and had some specific paces to hit for my long run.  Main set being 5X5min with 1min rest @ slightly faster then 10k pace.  Was very pleased to see that I was able to hit the times and got my results.  If you go into a workout knowing that your going to hit it, nothing can stop you, but as soon as doubt settles in, it gets a little harder.  The next day it was back home and a long ride on the trainer (3hrs).  Wish it could have been outdoors, but the white stuff I hate didn't allow for that, and im soft to it also!

This week has been INTENSE!!!  Some serious build sessions going on, with one key workout a day with the additional other ones I always have.  Tuesday major speed run with 20X500s, huge trainer power bike session on Wednesday, Thursday being a big endurance day and Friday hills with speed brick!  YOU GOTTA LOVE IT, says Macca, and I do!

This weekend we are heading to Steph's brothers place to celebrate Easter which should be fun getting together with them, as they live in MTL.  Saturday might be a day off but no promise, and Sunday back at it!

Hopefully soon enough our regular long rides will be outdoors and I really cant wait.  Im a huge fan of indoor training but I one point enough is enough!

REV3 Knockville

So all the hard training i've been doing now is getting me ready for the next race on May 5, REV3 Knockville, TN for the half distance.  As I mentioned, the places i've been able to visit!  Really excited for this one, as I know where I am and what to work on following the last race.  My dad and I will be leaving the Thursday prior to race day and may do some tourists things but who knows.

I've done many REV3 races now and can vouch for them that they really do a great job, in my opinion better than Ironman.  They just seem to cater more to the athletes and not the money they are making.

Time to get the workout in but till next time!
Lou



2 comments:

  1. Lou - so great to hear that you're having a good season (so far!), I'm sure you can maintain all this great momentum and mojo! I totally hear ya about getting outdoors for some rides though! I can't wait!!!!

    I'm even selling my snowboard because I can't find the time to ride (my "riding" is on a bike now) :)


    Looking forward to reading more posts and all the best in Knoxville


    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Lou... going to get some serious motivation following your movements and your training! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete